Mission & Values
We strive to be leaders in policing for our community and models of character, honor, service, and excellence. We resolve to develop a creative and problem solving workforce dedicated to innovation and meeting the challenges of tomorrow.
In times of crisis, we strive to defend public safety, maintain order, and restore a sense of personal wholeness. Our goal is to protect and serve our diverse and dynamic community with integrity, dignity and respect.
Maintain an Enduring Commitment to Serve the People of Our Community
- The Whitewater Police Department will maintain a commitment to serving the varied needs of our community, both in times of crisis and in peace.
- We understand that dedicated service is far larger than self and encompasses duty to the city, state, and nation at different times.
- Commitment to service inspires strength under adversity, swift protection of those in need, innovative problem solving, and planning for the future.
Lead with a Success-Oriented Mindset
- We will be leaders in our community and consistently demonstrate a success-oriented mindset.
- Leadership requires understanding, initiative, and goal-setting to achieve positive results and find solutions.
- To that end, we must maintain outstanding law enforcement capabilities and inspire others by example.
- We expect to lead and be led in the course of our duties, but in the absence of orders, we will adapt and take the right action at the right time for the right reasons.
Demonstrate Integrity, Fair Treatment & Wisdom in All Our Duties
- We will demonstrate integrity, fair treatment, and wisdom in all our duties.
- Justice is at the heart of our law enforcement mission, and it is based on impartial and empathetic treatment of all people.
- Members of the community rightly expect employees of our department to live out the highest standards of behavior and professionalism.
- Therefore, we will maintain honor and dignity in all situations, make judicious decisions, and prompt others to do the same.
Treat People with Compassion & Attempt to Restore a Sense of Wholeness
- We will treat all people in a courteous and understanding manner regardless of race, gender, lifestyle, religion, or circumstance.
- We shall provide compassion and sincerity to those who are in need, show concern and empathy for the victims of crime, and treat violators of the law with fairness and dignity.
- We will seek to rebuild a sense of wholeness after a crisis in an effort to help restore what was lost.
- We consider compassion to be the cornerstone of humanity and social connection.
Work in Partnership & Unison with the Community as a Whole
- We will maintain a strong partnership with our community, working collaboratively to maintain public safety and fight crime.
- Partnership fosters confidence and real understanding that we are much stronger working together than apart.
- Partnership also develops a bond of trust over time, which is absolutely necessary to develop an enjoyable, family friendly community to live, work, and play.
Take Pride in the Law Enforcement Profession & Achieve Personal Excellence in Policing
- We will honor the law enforcement profession, those who came before us, and those courageous enough to follow in our footsteps.
- We take pride in our ability to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
- We continually strive to achieve personal excellence in our work, our demeanor, and our service to the community, our training is never complete.
- In every situation that arises, we will strive to maintain honor and dignity for all.