About the Office
Office of the Chief of Police is the highest level management position within the police department. The Chief of Police is ultimately responsible for the control, operation and representation of the Whitewater Police Department and its employees. Work involves:
- Coordinating activities with outside agencies
- Developing policies
- Formulating and enforcing departmental rules of conduct
- Making recommendations for hiring, promotions, commendation and discipline
- Preparing and justifying operational budgets
- Representing the City and the department to the general public, governmental agencies, news media, etc.
- Setting individual and departmental goals and objectives
- Supervising departmental activities
Work is performed under the general supervision of the City Manager and the Police and Fire Commission.