Support Services Bureau
The Support Services Bureau is the communications and clerical/records component of the Department.
The following positions comprise the Support Services Bureau.
The Support Services Manager is a non-sworn, upper management, command level position responsible for the management of the communications and clerical staff of the Police Department. Work involves supervision of the communications center staff and clerical staff in maintaining the official records of the police department, assisting in preparation and monitoring of the departmental budget, and oversight of the department computer system. Additional responsibilities include oversight of the department payroll, monies collected, and police department facility maintenance.
Our Records Technicians provide clerical support for the managerial staff and police officers to include:
- Assistance to the general pubic both by telephone and in person
- Computer data entry
- Development and updating of documents
- Maintenance of the filing system
- Record keeping
- Transcription of dictation
The Communications Coordinator supports the operations of the communications center. This individual acts as an advisor by providing the necessary level of guidance and assistance required by the dispatchers to accomplish their assigned tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
Our Dispatchers provide communications service for the City of Whitewater Police, Fire and EMS as well as the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater Campus Police Department. Duties include:
- Answering emergency and non-emergency phone lines
- Assist the general public by telephone and in person
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain station security by video monitors and speakers
- Monitor unit activity for response and well being
- Operate our radio system