Immigrant Self Help Guide
The guide was created by Attorney Marc Christopher of Christopher and De León Law Office out of Milwaukee for the benefit of those who have recently moved to the United States, as well as community members who simply want to learn more about the immigration process.
Attorney Christopher provided City staff with an in-person training on immigration topics on February 23, 2023. The recorded presentation can be accessed at the following link: Immigration Presentation Video
- Located in the Old Armory (146 North Street)
- Contact: 262- 473-0524, Barbara Quast: 473-5792
Hours: Open every Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30am-11:30 am
- First time: Bring a photo ID and proof of residency (Student IC Summary is ok)
- Location: 834 E. Milwaukee St
- Hours: Open Tuesdays & Thursdays, 8:30-11 am, Wednesdays, 3:30-7pm, Saturdays, 8:30 am to 2pm.
- Food, clothing, furniture, housewares, and other items free of charge.
- There are no residency, income, or other requirements.
- Contact: (920-563-6304)
- Free transportation to food pantries and Rock River Clinic, must schedule in advance
Shared Ride Taxi
- Contact: 920-563-6304, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Whitewater partners with Brown Cab Service, Inc. to offer wheelchair accessible van transportation, fees apply
Coach USA Wisconsin Coach Lines Bus Service
- Contact: (262) 542-8861, web site: www.wisconsincoach.com
- Scheduled transportation, Milwaukee – Janesville daily loop, fees apply
Rock River Community Clinic
- Location: 1461 W Main St, Whitewater
- Contact: (262)472-6839
- Available for people with no insurance or under-insured
Rock River Community Clinic - Dental Clinic
- Location: 520 Handyside Lane, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
- Contact: 920-563-4372
- Dental services for those with Medicaid (BadgerCare) or no insurance
Open Arms Clinic
- Location: 205 E. Commerce Court, Elkhorn, WI 53121
- Contact: (262) 379-1401 (Director - Sara Nichols)
- Free medical, dental, eye and behavioral health clinic. Bilingual providers on-site.
Winther Counseling Service
- Location: University of WI-Whitewater in Winther Hall
- Contact: (262)472-2842
- Free counseling services, call to make an appointment (not available in summer)
- Location: Whitewater ofﬁce, 143 W Main St.
- Contact: call (262) 723-4653.
- Support for victims of family violence, free services, Spanish speakers available
Irvin L. Young Memorial Library
- Location: 431 West Center Street Whitewater, WI 53190
- Contact: (262) 458-2782
- Hours: Open Monday – Thursday 9am to 8:30 pm, Friday 9am to 5:30 pm, Saturday 9am to 3pm, Sunday closed
- Free programs for children and families, free small food pantry, free coat exchange, Spanish-language materials, and community resources brochures available without a library card. The building is a safe place with heat/air conditioning and bathrooms.
- An ID with proof of address is necessary to obtain a library card. With a library card, free Wi-Fi and computers, library materials and databases.
Whitewater Leads - Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Contact: 262-215-1492
- Web Site: https://whitewater-leads.org/
- Free books for children under the age of five living in the Whitewater Unified School District (English/Spanish books and brochures available)
- Office for Victims of Crime
Location: 810 Seventh Street NW., Washington, DC 20531
The Office for Victims of Crime is a component of the Office of Justice Programs,
U.S. Department of Justice.
- Web Site: https://ovc.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh226/files/pubs/existeayuda/index.html
- Location: 1443 N Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Contact: 414-944-7586, email: email@example.com
- Web Site: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/milwaukee/
Identity Fraud Complaints
- Web Site: https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Programs_Services/IdentityTheftComplaint.aspx (available in English/Spanish)
- Whitewater Police Department Complaint Process brochure (available in English/Spanish)
- Web Site: https://www.whitewater-wi.gov/197/Citizen-Complaints-Against-Department-Pe
- Instructions on how to file a complaint concerning a police department employee
Whitewater Municipal Court brochure (available in English/Spanish)
- Web site: https://www.whitewater-wi.gov/234/Municipal-Court
- Instructions on what to do after receiving a municipal citation
- Landlord/Tenant Guide – Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Contact: Consumer Protection 800-422-7128, email: DATCPHotline@wisconsin.gov
- Website: https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Translate.aspx (Spanish translation available)
Voces de la Frontera
- Location: 1027 S 5th St, Milwaukee, WI
- Contact: 414-643-1620
- Web Site: https://vdlf.org/ (available in English/Spanish)
- Legal assistance