City of Whitewater downtown parking permits can once again be purchased in person at the Whitewater Police Department Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm (proof of residency required). Please use the following procedure if you wish to purchase city issued parking permits online:
CITY OF WHITEWATER PARKING PERMIT ONLINE SALE INSTRUCTIONS
*AS OF JUNE 9TH, LOTS D, G AND J ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
- All requested information will need to be sent in an email to: email@example.com
- Fill out the City of Whitewater Parking Permit Registration form and attach in the email.
- If you are purchasing a Downtown Resident Parking Permit, you will need to attach proof of residency. The types of documents demonstrating proof of residency include:
- Current signed lease or letter (on letterhead) signed by the landlord stating lease dates and the address
- Current driver’s license with valid downtown address
- Current utility bill
- Current bank statement
- Official government correspondence dated within the last ninety days
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org after 8:00 am on May 13, 2020. Emails that are received prior to 8:00 am will not be honored.
- Parking lot priority will be based on when both email and payment are received. You can make an electronic payment by using the Payment Service Network.
- If directed to the PSN log-in page, you can choose to register an account or utilize the quick pay option. When searching for a business, type in Whitewater under Business City and WI in Business State and choose the Parking Permit option.
- *Please be sure that the Company Name states City of Whitewater, WI (Parking Permits).
- If your preference is to pay by cash or check, payment can be left in the drop boxes located in the vestibules of the Whitewater Municipal Building at 312 W Whitewater St, Whitewater, WI 53190. If you choose to mail in your payment (do not send cash), be advised that if you have a parking lot preference, your parking permit will not be issued until payment is received and that particular lot may be sold out.
- Once the City of Whitewater parking permit registration form, proof of residency and payment have been received by our department, you will be assigned a parking permit based on your highest lot preference still available at the time of receipt. Parking permits will be mailed to the address indicated on the parking permit registration form.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Whitewater Police Department via email or call 262-473-0555 option 1. Thank you.
Downtown Resident Parking Permit Pricing
Permits for June 1, 2020, through May 31, 2021, will be sold at a cost of $200.
Parking permits for residents are required for all residential city lots due to limited parking spaces. Residents are entitled to purchase one Resident Parking Permit. Residents occupying living quarters adjacent to lots signed for permit parking may purchase Resident Parking Permits. Residents must provide satisfactory proof of residency. The types of documents demonstrating proof of residency include:
- Current signed lease or letter (on letterhead) signed by the landlord stating lease dates and the address;
- Current driver’s license with valid address;
- Utility bill;
- Bank statement or;
- An official government correspondence dated within the last ninety days
Junk mail, magazines, envelopes, etc., may not be used as proof of residency.
Downtown Employee Parking Permits
Permits for June 1, 2020, through May 31, 2021, will be sold at a cost of:
- Downtown On-street Parking Permits - $40. Permits are valid only from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Saturday
- Night/Early Hang Tag - $50. Permits are valid for municipal lot parking. A maximum of 4 permit hanging tags will be granted to owner/operator of downtown business that has employees requiring parking between the hours of 2:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. A permit will grant parking in City owned lots located in the downtown area between the hours of 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Night parking will not be allowed during snow removal when all vehicles MUST be removed from the non-permitted areas for plowing. During snow removal vehicles may be located from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. in City Lot C.
If the permit holder no longer lives or works in the downtown area, call 262-473-0555 option 1, 8 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for information on how to obtain a prorated refund.
For questions concerning the City of Whitewater permit parking program please call 262-473-0555 option 1.