The Neighborhood Services Department provides information and services for planning, building inspection, code enforcement, zoning enforcement, zoning ordinances and maps.
The department is committed to providing the community with personal attention, accurate and detailed information that instills trust and confidence in the city. We work with citizens to provide the best outcome and improve the quality of life in Whitewater.
Here you can find information on general guidelines for residents, how to submit a code violation complaint, parking permits and electronic parking ticket payments.
Building permit applications and additional construction information can be found here.
Browse through ordinances and policies for the City of Whitewater.
View the City of Whitewater Comprehensive Plan 2010, housing studies, a zoning summary chart, and maps of the city.
- Do I need a building permit to add a deck to my house?
- Do I need a permit for a shed or detached garage?
- Do I need a permit for new siding or replacement windows?
- Do I need a permit for new cabinets or replacing drywall?
- Who has to remove the snow and/or ice off the sidewalk in front of my house?
- When do I have to cut my grass?
- How many non-family household members can I have in a single family house?