Will insurance cover any damage to my home or property?

In the majority of cases, a special rider can be added to your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy to cover damages related to sewage backups or water damage. This optional coverage is usually not very expensive, but you must usually request that it be added to your policy. Call your insurance agent today to discuss this policy option.

As with the majority of municipalities in the country, the city cannot assume financial responsibility for damages resulting from sewage backups that are beyond the city’s control. That is why it is important for property owners to confirm they are adequately insured - particularly if areas of their home lie below ground level. It also reinforces the importance of properly maintaining your homes plumbing system through some simple steps mentioned above.

Show All Answers

1. What causes a sewer backup?
2. Is there anything I can do to prevent a sewage backup into my home?
3. How could a sewer backup affect me?
4. What should I do if sewage backs up into my home?
5. If I call the city, what will they do about a sewer backup onto my property?
6. What does the municipality do to prevent this problem?
7. Will insurance cover any damage to my home or property?
8. How and where should I report a sewer backup?