I want to plead “not guilty.” What do I do?

If you wish to plead not guilty, you may do this by mail. Mail the plea to the address:

Municipal Court

312 W Whitewater Street

P.O. Box 690

Whitewater, WI 53190


Include the charge, your citation number, and your current mailing address. This must be received by the date on the citation. A trial date will be mailed to you with instructions for a mandatory pre-trial conference.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to appear in court?
2. I want to plead “not guilty.” What do I do?
3. What happens if I don’t appear in court and haven’t posted bail?
4. I appear in court, but would like to consult with my attorney. What can I do?
5. I violated a city ordinance. What happens next?
6. I received a traffic violation. What do I do?