This is a view of Arrests by Location. CLICK HERE
On November 6, the municipal court and the police department provided data on arrests, citations, and their associated fines to be used in an interactive map. The map shows data of arrests in 2014. No data for incidents occurring prior to 2014 is included.
Here are some tips for accessing the map:
1. The map is set to default to alcohol violations (the first layer in an alphabetical list).
2. There are 28 total layers, each corresponding to a particular crime category.
3. The layers can be turned on and off under “layers” on the top menu bar. When in the dropdown menu, clicking on the check box to the left of the layer heading will activate or inactivate that specific layer of data.
4. Once layer data has been activated on the map, clicking on a specific incident icon displayed on the map will bring up specific information about the crime – date, violation, and location.
5. Only street names are provided for serious crimes such as “runaways”, “sexual assaults”, and “assault/battery/abuse” on the map.