WHITEWATER COUNCILMEMBER POSITIONS UP FOR RE-ELECTION IN 2017 ARE:
Aldermanic District 1 - Patrick Wellnitz; Aldermanic District 3 - Chris Grady; Aldermanic District 5 - Stephanie Goettl; Councilmember at Large - Patrick Singer.
Candidates who have filed a Campaign Registration Statement with the Clerk are:
(these candidates are still required to submit acceptable Nomination Statements to the Clerk in order to have their name appear on the ballot)
Aldermanic District 1 - Carol McCormick, 555 E. Clay Street; Patrick Wellnitz, 622 E. Cravath Street
Aldermanic District 3 - Chris Grady, Incumbent, 318 W. North Street
Aldermanic District 5 - Stephanie Goettl, Incumbent, 633 Foxglove, #2
Councilmember at Large - Patrick Singer, Incumbent, 263 Amber Drive
New terms take effect on April 18, 2017.
If you are interested in running for a Council seat, please contact City Clerk Michele Smith at 262-473-0102. Final deadline for filings of Campaign Registration Statements and Nomination paperwork is 5:00 p.m. January 3, 2017.
SPRING ELECTION - APRIL 4, 2017
Are you eligible to Vote?
To be eligible to vote, you must have lived in the City of Whitewater at least 10 days, be at least 18 years old, and have not lost your right to vote.
- If you are registering by mail, the application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election and you must include proof of residence with your application. (Acceptable documents shown below).
- If you are registering in person after the 20th day before the election, you must register at the Clerk’s office, and you will be required to show a valid proof of residence. (Acceptable documents shown below).
Proof of Residence - Acceptable Documents
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license.
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day (NOT for first-time voters registering by mail).
- A gas, electric, cable t.v. or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- Bank statement.
- Paycheck.A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
Where do you vote? (Find your Ward)
Review the chart below, which is sorted by Street then by house number, to determine which Ward you reside in and where you vote. (If your address does not appear on the chart, please contact the Municipal Clerk at 473-0500 to determine your district.)
Need to Request an Absentee Ballot?
NOTE: You must first be registered to vote in the City of Whitewater before you are eligible to request an Absentee Ballot. Please see instructions for registering to vote above.
Click on the Application for Absentee Ballot (EL-121) link below and complete the entire fillable application by carefully following all of the instructions on page 2 of the application.
Print the completed Application for Absentee Ballot (EL-121), ALONG WITH A COPY OF YOUR VOTER I.D., and deliver or mail to:
- If you are applying for an absentee by mail, requests must be received at least five days before the election.
- If you are applying in person at the Clerk's Office you may request and vote until 5:00 p.m. the Friday before the election.