City Manager Office
The City Manager plans and directs the administration of the City to ensure that efficient municipal services are provided and are in line with Common Council objectives.
Administration department functions include:
- Liaison to the Common Council advising them on all significant matters and presenting all items which require Council action or approval.
- Directs, develops and implements appropriate budgeting, including capital improvements and administrative planning and control procedures.
- Provides communications and public relations to the news media and people in the community through various communications media.
- Coordinates with other governmental agencies and represents the interests of the City in metropolitan, state, county, school district, and national activities as delegated by the City Council.
- Responsible for effective recommendations in areas of policies, planning, administering community services, community development, public safety, administrative services, financial planning, and human resources.
- Works closely with each department to plan and coordinate activities to ensure effective service to the public and efficient conduct of all municipal affairs.
The City Manager oversees:
- City Clerk, Neighborhood Services Administrator, Finance Director, Park & Recreation Director, Public Works Director, The Community Development Authority, Police and Fire Commission, Library Board.
- Respectively oversees: Community Development Authority Director, Fire Chief, Police Chief, and the Library Director.