The City of Whitewater currently has vacancies on various Boards and Commissions, and welcomes you to apply for appointment. The procedure to serve on a City Board or Commission consists of:
1) Applying for the position by completing an Application to Serve on a Board or Commission (called Citizen Information Form). Link to form is below.
2) Submitting the form to the Clerk. (Deadlines do apply ARE based on information published int he Community Invitation Form (See current notice, if any, below).
3) The Clerk will advise you by e-mail that your application was received, and will confirm that she has transmitted the applications to the City Manager and Council President.
3) Per Ordinance, the applications are reviewed by the City Manager and the Council President. The Manager and Council President MAY request that you come in for an interview.
4) The Manager and Council President will make a recommendation to the Council, and Council will make a final appointment to the Boards and Commissions.
(You will be notified when the appointment will go before the Council. You are encouraged to attend that Council meeting, but you are not required to. You may be asked to provide a short presentation to the Council, providing a small amount of background information on yourself, as well as what your interest(s) on the requested board and commission seat is/are.)
FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION AS TO WHO SERVES ON CITY BOARDS OR COMMISSIONS, OR THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION, PLEASE SEE INDIVIDUAL BOARD OR COMMISSION PAGE ON WEBSITE.